Saturday, October 20, 2012


I find myself in a new city, new surroundings, with equally new people... but just as soon as it shined, it dulls and my old ways come back again, like a bird that doesn't know what freedom is. I neither welcome my old self, nor do I fight her. I generally sit and have a drink with her, we don't compare scars...there is no need...

no, we don't talk at all, we just fold our hands across our laps and sigh. I often wonder why people work so hard to break in shoes, because once they fit just right, there's no going back.... they're good for about another week until they really start to ware...until they rip, or scuff, or just don't polish up so pretty anymore. . . so you just wear them on the weekends and go fishing for some new ones, and they're pretty & swade and they button up the side...

but i'm your favorite old pair of shoes....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment